Last Modified: April 8, 2021
Children under the Age of 18
We are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under the age of 18, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the contact information provided below.
What information do we collect, and how do we collect it?
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, which may consist of information by which you may be personally identified (including your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone/mobile number, billing information for payment information only or any other information that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law) (collectively, “personal information”); information that is about you but does not identify you, such as your dining history/habits, reservation data and site activity/behavior; and/or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Sites and usage details. We collect the foregoing information either directly from you when you provide it to us (including when you place an order with one of our restaurants or using a third party delivery service) or automatically as you navigate through the Sites and/or use the App. If you use the App, we may also collect your mobile device ID and your precise location data. For certain services on our Sites, credit or debit card account information may be required. We may also obtain information from other sources, such as third-party websites, applications and services (each, a “Third-Party Platform”), through which you connect with our Sites and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
We may directly ask you to provide certain of the above information on our Sites. This is obtained by any of the following means:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, posting material, subscribing to the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program, providing feedback on your dining experience at our restaurants and/or you requesting further services.
- Information that you provide when signing up for a contest or promotion sponsored by Lettuce, which may include your name, phone number, email address, social media handle and other information requested when you sign up for the contest or promotion.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Sites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Sites.
- Your search queries on the Sites.
How will we use the information you provide to us?
We use information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, menu items or services that you request from us and our restaurants.
- To allow you to participate in the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program and receive its benefits.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you’ve provided the information, to analyze and improve the content, materials and services that we make available on the Sites, to notify you of changes made to the Sites, to evaluate user needs and improve the Sites’ content, to send you promotional materials and to support our continuing efforts to offer users the information and services we think they want most.
- To contact you (including through interest-based/behavioral advertising and other targeted advertising) about our own or third parties’ products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To provide service and support to you and to respond to your inquiries, and to investigate and address your concerns to improve our services and our restaurants.
- To enhance, personalize and customize your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products and services, such as understanding your dining history, to make recommendations about our other restaurants you may like.
- To deliver targeted advertisements to you and other visitors of our Sites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information or to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With whom do we share the information we collect?
We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose your personal information for purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice. However, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may share information that we collect about you or that you provide to us (as described in this notice):
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates (including our restaurants);
- With our Contractors to support our business, including those that help us manage and administer the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program, process online orders or provide us with marketing and advertising services;
- If all or part of LEYE is sold, merged or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer your information to such entity as part of that transaction; and
- For any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information and with your consent.
Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content and information publicly or with friends. Our Sites may also allow you to connect with us on, share on and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which HYPERLINK “https://privacyportal.onetrust.com/webform/6e52b042-df3c-4476-a56e-b66468d0d903/6755753d-e6bc-467f-8909-f0e74eef629e”ndful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. LEYE also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
We may disclose collected information to the proper authorities if we become subject to a subpoena or court order or if we believe that we are otherwise legally compelled or requested to disclose such information. We may also use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
What choices do you have?
You are under no obligation to provide us with personally identifiable information, but without it we may not be able to provide you the products or services you request. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Sites and visiting your account profile page. You may use the Lettuce Entertain You Privacy Portal to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. You may contact us as indicated below if at any time you would like to ask us about our data collection practices and our information security policy. If you disagree with our privacy policies, we encourage you to refrain from accessing, using or registering with our Sites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you do opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your LEYE frequent diner account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. In addition, most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
How Do We Protect Information Collected About You?
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, in accordance with Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A, you may request that we do not sell certain of your personally identifiable information (your “Covered Information” as defined in NRS Chapter 603A) by sending a request using the Lettuce Entertain You Privacy Portal.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the LEYE Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Any questions? Please contact us at:
Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, Inc.
5419 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60640