Sip on RPM Steak’s New Gin & Tonics
There are new Gin & Tonics in town at RPM Steak in Chicago! These new Spring cocktails showcase the more elaborate style of the classic Spanish libation. Built in a large, bulbous wine glass brimming with ice, the drink combines two base ingredients – domestic (local) gin and Fever Tree Tonic – with an array of complementary fruits, herbs and spices. Each cocktail sees an added tableside flourish, as the specialty tonic is poured down the long handle of a helix bar spoon to ensure just the right amount of incorporation.
RPM Sommelier Joseph Lapi and Bar Manager Dion Daniels created these Gin & Tonic variations – aptly named the “R”, the “P” and the “M” – which range, respectively, from a very classic London dry-style to a more approachable, slightly sweet version to a modern and potent iteration.
Check out these unique flavor profiles of RPM Steak’s latest Gin & Tonic program.
Right now at RPM Steak, enjoy these variations:
- The “R” Gin & Tonic: Junipero Gin, Lemon, Orange, Juniper Berries, Mint, Rosemary, Fever Tree Light Tonic
- The “P” Gin & Tonic: Greenall’s London Dry Gin, St-Germain Elderflower, Cucumber, Lime, Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic
- The “M” Gin & Tonic: Monkey 47 Gin, Pamplemouse, Grapefruit, Thyme, Fever Tree Aromatic Tonic
But don’t just take our word for it. Experience these tasty Gin & Tonics for yourself! Join us in our socially distanced dining room or on the patio at RPM Steak.
Try your hand at one of these refreshing cocktail at home, perfect for patio drinking! Here is the recipe for the M Gin & Tonic.
M Gin & Tonic
1 oz. Monkey 47 Gin
1/2 oz. Pamplemousse Liqueur
Dash of Saline
1 bottle of Fever Tree Aromatic Tonic
Grapefruit Wheel and a sprig of Thyme for garnish
- Fill a burgundy glass half full with ice cubes.
- Add the Monkey 47 Gin, Pamplemousse Liqueur and saline to the glass.
- Pour 3/4 of the Fever Tree Aromatic Tonic down the long handle of a helix bar spoon.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a grapefruit wheel and a sprig of thyme.