5 Ways We’re Keeping You Safe
As temperatures drop and dining moves indoors, our top priority remains our commitment to providing a safe and healthy experience for our guests and employees. At the helm of these efforts is our Vice President of Risk Operations, Carrol Symank.
Carrol has overseen the sanitation programs, and safety standards for Lettuce Entertain You for over 17 years. Whether it’s our allergy procedures, our unannounced third-party health inspections, or our daily safety and sanitation protocols, Carrol and his team are committed to doing the right thing. Our response to Covid-19 has not been any different.
Carrol and his team have been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Model Food Code, government mandates, government policy changes, and public health advancements to make informed decisions for the health and safety of our guests and team members.
In times like these, we believe it’s important to remain transparent about the changes we’re making in our restaurants. We sat down with Carrol to chat about the top five things we’re doing in our restaurants this winter to keep you safe:
- AIRPHX: We are implementing technology known as AIRPHX into all of our restaurants nationwide. Here’s how it works: airPHX features “cold plasma” chambers that kill harmful airborne and surface organisms throughout the day. Used in hospitals, healthcare facilities, Olympic training centers, and wellness centers, it eliminates 95% of influenza, coronavirus, norovirus, MRSA, Staph, and over 30 additional common bacteria and viruses.
- Cleaning Practices: We have increased the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices, such as additional disinfection measures in our kitchens and restrooms, and frequently touched surfaces in our dining rooms and bars.
- Temperature Checks: All guests and employees will have their temperatures checked before entering our restaurants. Anyone with a temperature over 100°F will not be allowed into the restaurant…employees will be instructed to seek appropriate medical care, and our guests will be offered alternative dining options such as carry-out.
- Safer Menus: We now have disposable and digital menus in all of our restaurants to provide a contactless experience.
- Masks: Guests are required to wear a mask or face covering over their mouth and nose while in the restaurant. Masks are required during all interactions with the service team and can only be removed when eating or drinking. All of our employees are required to wear masks for your safety.“It’s our responsibility to protect not only Lettuce restaurants but the employees too. We focus as much on our employees as we do our guests,” says Carrol.