Embrace all of the fall flavors in Wildfire’s Sweet Potato Casserole. Ginger and cinnamon warm up this dish and marshmallow and fluff lends a nostalgic touch. Grab the little ones to throw together this casserole!
Wildfire’s Sweet Potato Casserole
Yields 8 servings
3 pounds sweet potatoes, raw & peeled
3 tablespoons whipping cream
3 tablespoons half & half
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
7 ½ ounce jar marshmallow fluff
2 cups mini marshmallows
- Cut sweet potatoes into 2-inch cubes and steam till soft.
- Scald whipping cream and half & half with freshly grated ginger.
- With a hand masher, mash hot sweet potatoes and mix in all remaining ingredients together.
- Lightly butter a standard rectangle casserole dish (9’’ x 13’’ X 2 ½ ‘’).
- Fill casserole dish with mashed sweet potato mixture.
- Top and evenly spread marshmallow fluff over sweet potatoes.
- Then evenly top with mini marshmallows and place into 400º oven, bake till golden brown, about 5-10 minutes and serve.