Recipe: Wildfire’s Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Hazelnuts
Wildfire’s classic roasted Brussels sprouts is the perfect dish for any dinner table this fall. Quick, easy and you’re likely to have the majority of these ingredients in your pantry already.
Wildfire’s Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Hazelnuts
Yields 8 servings
2 pounds Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 quarts water
8 ounces hazelnuts, blanched, roasted & roughly chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
¼ cup chicken or vegetable stock
½ stick unsalted butter
- Remove excess part of the Brussels sprout stem and split in half.
- Blanch in boiling salted water until tender, not overcooked.
- Quickly drain and drop into ice water to prevent further cooking.
- When cool, drain.
- Toss blanched brussels sprouts into a stainless steel bowl with extra virgin olive oil,
salt and pepper and then place on a sheet pan and roast in a 400° oven for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle stock over roasted brussels sprouts and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Place butter in a small saucepan and cook on moderate heat till golden brown.
- Place on a serving platter and drizzle brown butter over brussels sprouts and top with roasted hazelnuts, then serve.