Wildfire’s Kale & Artichoke Fondue is a delicious option for game day! With a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, Asiago cheese, sour cream, artichoke hearts and veggies, you won’t have to compromise to enjoy the game and fill your appetite.
Wildfire’s Kale & Artichoke Fondue
1 lb Fresh Lacinato Kale leaves, stem free, washed, cut into 1” slices
3 qts Water
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 ½ tablespoons Unsalted butter
1 small sized onion Minced onions
3 cloves Minced garlic
1 tsp Kosher Salt
¼ cup Flour
2 ¼ cups Whole milk
1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
1 cup Sour cream
1 cup Shredded white cheddar cheese
1 ½ cups Canned artichoke hearts, rough chopped
1 cup Shredded Asiago
1 cup Chips or veggies of your choice for dipping
1. In a large sauce pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Add kale and blanch for 30 seconds. Drain in colander and drop kale in ice water to cool completely for 3-4 minutes.
2. Drain kale again in a colander and squeeze excess water out of kale and rough chop. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepot, melt butter; add onion and garlic and sauté over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
4. Turn down the heat on pot slightly and add salt, then flour and constantly stir for 3-4 minutes more.
5. Whisk in milk and cook for another 3-4 minutes until thickened.
6. Then add all remaining ingredients and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, transfer to a small serving bowl, and cool down mixture as quickly as possible.
8.Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
9.Transfer fondue mixture into a 2-quart ovenproof casserole dish.
10. Place in hot oven and bake for 15 minutes.
11. Take out and top with Asiago cheese and return to oven for 5-7 more minutes, or until bubbling.
12. Serve with chips or veggies of your choice for dipping and enjoy!