Recipe: Wildfire’s Chocolate Almond Macaroons
Looking for something sweet to make for your Passover Seder? Try Wildfire’s recipe for chocolate almond macaroons.
Recipe: Chocolate Almond Macaroons
Serving Size: 2 dozen
1 cup slivered almonds (between coarsely and finely chopped)
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
3 egg whites
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
Melted bittersweet chocolate to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt the chocolate in a dry stainless steel bowl set up in a double boiler. Remove and let cool to room temp.
3. In a small Kitchen Aid mixer, with a wire whisk attachment, whip egg whites until frothy. Add sugar slowly while the mixer is running and whip until egg whites are stiff and glossy.
4. Using a rubber spatula, fold all ingredients together until evenly combined, except the melted bittersweet chocolate.
5. Scoop onto parchment lined sheet pans with a tablespoon measuring spoon onto a 18” x 12” pan. Scoop 4×3 or 4×4 on each pan.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Cool on rack.
8. Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies with a pastry bag.
9. Cool in the fridge for 15 minutes and enjoy.
10. Store at room temp.