Recipe: Spicy Kung Pao Chicken Bowl with Poached Eggs
Wow Bao has a life-changing leftover hack for you to try at home! Here’s how to take your leftover Wow Bao Spicy Kung Pao Chicken Bowl (or any Wow Bao bowl) to the next level. Because, let’s be honest, everything is better with an egg on top!
RECIPE: Spicy Kung Pao Chicken Bowl with a Poached Egg
Serving size: 2 people
1 Leftover Spicy Kung Pao Chicken Bowl from Wow Bao
4 cups water
¼ cup each of chopped broccoli, mushrooms, and white onion (or any veggies in your refrigerator!)
2 large eggs
1 Tbls olive oil
Fresh cilantro for garnish
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil to poach the eggs
- In a separate pot, blanch the broccoli*
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a medium skillet
- Add mushrooms and white onions to skillet, saute until tender (about 5 minutes)
- Stir leftover Spicy Kung Pao Chicken Bowl to skillet
- Add blanched broccoli to skillet and remove from heat
- Crack one egg into a small bowl
- Gently slide egg into boiling water (Repeat with 2nd egg)
- Poach eggs for 3 minutes
- Place the skillet mixture on a dinner plate
- Top with 2 poached eggs
- Season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with fresh cilantro
*METHOD TO BLANCH BROCCOLI:
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high.
- Cut broccoli into small florets.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 1–2 minutes.
- Drain well in colander and rinse with cold water to stop broccoli from cooking.