Recipe: Shaw’s Lobster Mac & Cheese
Some say cheese and seafood never go together, but Shaw’s Crab House challenges the naysayers with a recipe that is guaranteed to change their tune. Start with the best ingredients and freshest lobster you can get your hands on and end with a (mac &) cheesy smile on your face. The best part? Pre-make ramekins for a dinner party and reheat it in the oven just before serving!
Lobster Mac & Cheese
Makes 6 portions
To download a PDF of the full recipe, click here.
5 cups heavy cream
4 oz. Merkt’s cheddar cheese
4 oz. brie cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon lobster base
1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 teaspoon water)
1 lb. cavatappi pasta
12 oz. cooked Maine lobster meat (claw and knuckle preferred)
- Remove rind from brie cheese. In a large sauce pot combine heavy cream, lobster base, brie cheese, and white and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Slowly add Merkt’s cheddar cheese, whisking constantly. Return to a simmer and add cornstarch slowly.
- Once thickened to coat a spoon, remove from heat.
- Add parmesan cheese and blend using hand blender for 1 minute.
- Bring large pot to rapid boil and add pasta. Cook until al dente.
- Remove from heat and drain pasta.
- Toss cooked pasta with cheese sauce and cooked lobster meat.
- Portion mac & cheese into dishes. Top each dish with fresh parsley, grated parmesan and toasted breadcrumbs.