Recipe: Saranello’s Focaccia Stuffing with Italian Sausage
Saranello’s Focaccia Stuffing with Italian Sausage
¼ cup olive oil
1 lb spicy Italian sausage
1 cup carrots (small diced)
1 cup celery (small diced)
2 cups onions (small diced)
4 fresh garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
2 Tbsp fresh sage
1 Tbsp rubbed sage
½ Tbsp fresh chopped thyme
½ Gallon toasted focaccia
1 Quart turkey stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil.
- Add the spicy Italian sausage. Using a spoon break it into small pieces and allow to brown on all sides.
- Remove the sausage from the pan, leaving the oils in the pan.
- Add the carrots, celery and onions and cook until soft. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and herbs and cook a few minutes more.
- Add the focaccia to the pan and reserved sausage cooking until the bread begins to absorb the moisture.
- Add the turkey stock, season with salt and pepper and cook until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove pan from heat
- Transfer the contents of pan into a 9 X 13” oven safe baking dish.
- Bake covered with foil for 10 minutes, and uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.