Recipe: RPM Steak Roast Turkey
Impress your family this Thanksgiving by taking a page out of RPM Steak’s book with this shockingly simple turkey recipe. Not much of a cook? RPM Steak is offering Thanksgiving dinner in the comfort of its stylish dining room. Click here to make reservations at RPM Steak.
RPM Steak’s Roasted Turkey
One 12-15 lb. whole turkey, brined (optional) and patted dry
4 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup garlic-sage butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Fit a large, heavy roasting pan with a roasting rack; pour in 4 cups water.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels. Rub the bird all over with butter; season with salt and pepper.
- If using garlic-sage butter, place pats of the compound butter under the skin all around the bird.
- Roast the turkey breast side up, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 325°F and continue cooking the turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. (The juices should run clear when the thermometer is removed.)
- Let the turkey rest at least 20 minutes before carving.