Recipe: RPM Steak Roast Turkey
Impress your family this Thanksgiving by taking a page out of RPM Steak’s book with this shockingly simple turkey recipe. Not much of a cook? RPM Steak is offering Thanksgiving dinner in the comfort of its stylish dining room. Click here to make reservations at RPM Steak.
RPM Steak’s Roast Turkey
One 12–15-lb. whole turkey, brined (optional) and patted dry
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
½ cup garlic-sage butter, optional (see Note)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Fit a large, heavy roasting pan with a roasting rack; pour in 4 cups water.
- Thoroughly pat dry the turkey with paper towels. Rub the bird all over with softened butter; season with salt and pepper.
- If using garlic-sage butter, place pats of the compound butter under the skin all around the bird.
- Roast the turkey breast side up, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 325°F and continue cooking the turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. (The juices should run clear when the thermometer is removed.)
- Let the turkey rest at least 20 minutes before carving.
Note: To make the garlic-sage butter, combine 1 stick unsalted, room temperature butter with 4 cloves roasted garlic and 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh sage until smooth. Shape into a log, cover in plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.