Chef / Partner Ozzie Ocegueda of Ozzie’s Pops and Pretzels is sharing his family hot chocolate recipe to warm us all up on these chilly winter days.
“Abuelita hot chocolate is something very popular in the Mexican culture,” says Ozzie. “Moms make hot chocolate and the family comes over before stopping into the local panadería (Bakery) to pick up some conchas (Mexican sweet bread).”
Enjoy Ozzie’s Abuelita Hot Chocolate with friends and family this winter, available at Navy Pier.
Want to try making this hot chocolate at home?
Abuelita Hot Chocolate
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 oz piloncillo (rock sugar)
- 2 wheels chocolate abuelita
- Put everything together in pot
- Place on stove with low heat
- Simmer until everything is dissolved
- Once all is dissolved, whisk to make airy bring to a boil.
- Serve hot
In the mood for something a little cooler? Click here to learn how to make Ozzie’s Watermelon Popsicles!