Recipe: Joe’s Seafood Colossal Lump Crab Cake
Bring the magic of Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab’s Colossal Lump Crab Cake home! Check out the recipe below to enjoy your own delicious crab bites.
Recipe: Colossal Lump Crab Cake
Serving Size: 8 Crab Cakes
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp lemon juice
1 ½ tsp lemon zest
¼ tsp white pepper
3 whole eggs
2 tsp parsley (chopped)
3 Tbsp panko bread crumbs
1 lb Jumbo crab meat
1 lb Lump crab meat
2 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except crab and mix well.
- Fold in Jumbo Lump crab meat with a spatula until coated with mayonnaise mixture.
- Gently fold in Colossal crab meat, being careful not to break into too small of pieces. Should be mixed until colossal pieces are half their size.
- Gently portion into 4 oz balls, place on a sheet pan with parchment and press down slightly. They should still have a rough jagged appearance on top.
- Place on a lined half sheet pan.
- Lightly sprinkle each crab cake with panko (about ½ tsp) and drizzle butter equally over all crab cakes.
- Place in 450°F and bake for 7 – 9 minutes.