Recipe: Grilled Pork Loin with Romesco & Spring Veggies
Looking for a new weeknight dinner idea? Try Chef Cory Morris’s (Whole30 Delivered, Padma’s Curry Leaf) recipe for grilled pork loin! This deliciously easy recipe pairs perfectly with your favorite spring vegetables!
Grilled Pork loin with Romesco and Spring Vegetables
Serving Size: 4
1 1½ – 2 lb pork loin
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup kosher salt
2 Tbsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp ground mustard
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
Grilled vegetables of choice to serve as a side (chef recommends: asparagus, squash, zucchini, green onions, and radicchio)
INGREDIENTS FOR ROMESCO:
1 cup sundried tomato, oil drained
1 cup toasted almonds, dry toast in oven until golden brown
1 cup roasted red peppers, oil drained
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup sherry vinegar
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp red chili flake
Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
METHOD FOR PORK:
- Preheat the oven to 225 F.
- Mix paprika, brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Pat the pork loin with paper towels to remove any liquid from the surface of the meat.
- Rub the pork loin on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Place the pork loin on a roasting rack/ sheet tray. It’s important that the pork loin isn’t directly on the sheet tray or it won’t cook evenly.
- Roast the pork in the oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature is 150 F.
- Remove from the oven.
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Spray the pork loin with pan spray.
- Grill 2 minutes on each side to develop a char.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before you slice.
METHOD FOR ROMESCO:
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Keep at room temperature for serving.
- Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
METHOD FOR GRILLED VEGETABLES:
- Use any vegetables you want for this recipe.
- For this recipe I used asparagus, squash, zucchini, green onions, and radicchio.
- Season them with salt, pepper, and toss them in the pan drippings from the roasted pork loin.
- You can grill them while the pork loin is resting and getting ready to slice.
- Serve on the side with your pork and romesco sauce.