Recipe: Garlic Butter Shrimp from Quality Crab & Oyster Bah
Executive Chef Donny Farrell of Quality Crab & Oyster Bah is sharing this garlicky shrimp dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or an appetizer!
If you prefer to check it out in the restaurant, make a reservation at Quality Crab & Oyster Bah today.
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP
Serving size: 4 people
(NOTE: you will only need .5 cup of the garlic butter for this recipe, leftovers can be frozen for up to a month):
1/2 pound (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumb
1/2 cup Thinly Chopped Garlic
1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Tablespoon Four Lettuce Hot Sauce (or use your favorite hot sauce)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
1/2 Tablespoon Chives, thinly sliced
1/2 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Parsley
INGREDIENTS FOR SHRIMP:
1 lb pieces of 16/20 Size Shrimp (tail on, shell removed and deveined)
1/2 cup of Garlic Butter
6-8 Slices of Ciabatta Bread for dipping (pasta or rice are a great alternative to the ciabatta)
Chopped Parsley and Lemon Wedge to garnish
METHOD FOR GARLIC BUTTER:
1. Using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, whip the butter on HIGH until the butter is ﬂuffy and soft, about 7 – 10 minutes.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix with the paddle on LOW until incorporated (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
METHOD FOR SHRIMP:
1. Toast or Grill your bread, you can add a touch of butter to the bread before toasting or grilling.
2. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat until warm (about 1 – 2 minutes).
3. When the pan is hot, add the 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Butter and melt until foam subsides. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
4. Add the shrimp and cook gently over medium heat until they are fully cooked
(they should no longer be translucent).
5. To serve, place your bread (or pasta or rice) on a plate and cover the bread with the shrimp and garlic butter. Garnish with chopped parsley and a lemon wedge.
*NOTE: At Quality Crab & Oyster Bah, we serve our Garlic Shrimp in an Escargot plate with six round holes where we place the the uncooked shrimp and cover in the butter to bake at 450 degree oven until the shrimp are cooked and the butter is bubbling, about 8 – 10 minutes.