Make Wildfire’s Apple Streusel Pie at Home
It’s apple season and there’s no better way to cozy up your kitchen with the aroma of a fresh baked apple pie. Wildfire is sharing their fall recipe for Apple Streusel Pie for you to try at home.
Serving Size: 1 whole pie
1 ½ lbs granny smith apples
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 ½ tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. corn starch
1 store bought pie shell
2 cups streusel topping (see below)
1. Peel, core, and slice apples.
2. In a large salad bowl or stainless steel bowl, fold apples together with all other ingredients well.
3. Fill pie with apple filling making sure you fold ingredients together to make sure apples and juices are evenly distributed prior to filling shell.
4. Top with streusel topping, crumble evenly over entire pie.
5. Bake in 350° F high fan convection oven for 50 minutes.
6. Take pie out of the oven and let stand 1 – 2 hours prior to serving.
7. Store at room temperature.
STREUSEL TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
6 tbsp. butter (room temp – important)
3 tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup A.P. flour
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well together.