Recipe: Beatrix’s Superfood Muffins
You know those mornings where even the extra shot of espresso isn’t going to cut it? That’s where Beatrix’s Superfood Muffin comes in. It’s full of good-for-you ingredients like coffee and almond flour, flax seed, chia seed and oats to power you through the day. Whether you’re at one of Beatrix’s four locations, or stopping by a Beatrix Market, head to the pastry counter to get your fix.
You asked for it so here it is, the recipe for Beatrix’s Superfood Muffin from Pastry Chef/Partner Yasmin Gutierrez.
From Pastry Chef / Partner Yasmin Gutierrez
Yields 36 muffins
5 cups all purpose flour
½ cup coffee flour
8 tablespoons almond flour
4 tablespoons ground flax seed
5 tablespoons rolled oats
4 tablespoons millet
4 tablespoons chia seed
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 ⅓ cups honey
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups canola oil
4 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 granny smith apples, peeled, grated and juice squeezed out
1. In a large bowl, mix melted butter, honey, buttermilk, canola oil, eggs, and vanilla extract with a whisk.
2. In a stand mixer, place all dry ingredients in the bowl and mix with the paddle attachment.
3. Slowly pour the egg, butter, honey, vanilla extract and canola oil mixture into the bowl while the mixer is running on low. Continue to mix in all liquid until it is well combined.
4. Stop the mixer and fold in grated apples.
5. Pour batter into greased muffin pans (you can use liners, if you wish) and bake at 325 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; click here for more breakfast options from Lettuce Entertain You restaurants!