How To: Make Wildfire’s Slow Cooked Brisket
Apr 20, 2019
RECIPE FOR SLOW COOKED BRISKET
- 1 pc. brisket, 1st cut
- 1 tablespoon salt, Kosher
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 each diced onion
- 2 each carrots, peeled & diced
- 2 each celery stalks, diced
- 8 each garlic gloves, rough chopped
- 1 each bay leaf
- 1 each sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- Season brisket with salt and pepper and brown evenly in a large sauce pan.
- Remove brisket, add all vegetables and herbs and caramelize.
- Add red wine and reduce by half.
- Add remaining liquid and bring to a boil.
- Add back brisket, cover with foil and place into a 300 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and let brisket sit in braising liquid for ½ hour.
- Strain broth from vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together corn starch with water and whisk into simmering sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Carve brisket and top with sauce.