MAINE LOBSTER RAVIOLI WITH SPINACH PASTA RECIPE
FRESH SPINACH RAVIOLI RECIPE
5½ cups “00” flour, plus more for kneading
2 tsp. store-bought spinach powder (optional)
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 egg yolk
½ cup water
Maine Lobster Mascarpone Filling (see next recipe)
Semolina, as needed
1. Place flour on a large work surface; make a well in center of mound.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together spinach powder, olive oil, egg and water; pour into center of well. Using a fork or your fingers, gradually incorporate flour into the mixture until a dough has formed.
3. Roll into a ball. Knead dough (adding more flour or water as needed) until smooth, about 10 minutes.
4. Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic and let rest 30 minutes.
5. Roll out each piece of dough into 1/16 “-thick large rectangles of equal size. Mark out 24 ravioli on one pasta sheet using rounded side of cutter.
6. Spoon 1 Tbsp. lobster filling onto each portion; moisten edges with water. Place second pasta sheet over. Press to adhere around filling, removing any air bubbles. Stamp out ravioli.
7. Place ravioli on semolina-covered baking sheet; rest 20 minutes before cooking.
MAINE LOBSTER MASCARPONE FILLING RECIPE
8 oz. cooked lobster knuckles and claws
1 Tbsp. finely chopped basil leaves
4 oz. (½ cup) mascarpone cheese
1 pinch red pepper flakes
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pick over lobster to ensure no shell pieces remain. Chop into ½-inch pieces.
2. Mix together mascarpone, basil and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Fold in lobster.
3. Chill 20 minutes. Use to fill ravioli.
FINISHING & PLATING
24 uncooked lobster ravioli
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
¾ cup tomato sauce (pomodoro)
1¼ cups homemade or store-bought lobster stock
4 Tbsp. (½ stick) unsalted butter
24 small basil leaves
1. Cook ravioli in a large pot of gently boiling, salted water until al dente, about 3 minutes. Reserve 2-3 Tbsp. pasta cooking water.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil, tomato sauce and lobster stock.
3. Add butter and reserved pasta cooking water; stir to combine.
4. Add ravioli and gently toss to coat. Season to taste with salt.
5. On each of four plates, place five ravioli in a circle and one in center. Zest with lemon; place basil leaves on top and drizzle with olive oil.
Looking for more pasta recipe inspo? Try RPM Italian’s Short Rib Bolognese with Hand-cut Papparedelle, click here for the recipe.