How to Make Mon Ami Gabi’s Chilled Gazpacho Soup
The sun is shining and tomatoes are in season, two wonderful reasons to love summertime. If you’re looking for a simple summer recipe to try at home, look no further than Mon Ami Gabi’s Chilled Gazpacho Soup recipe from Mon Ami Gabi – Chicago’s Executive Chef Nelli Maltezos.
Mon Ami Gabi’s Chilled Gazpacho Soup Recipe
Serving size: 4
2 red bell peppers
1 seedless cucumber
4 vine ripened tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
¼ tsp sweet pimentón
½ tsp kosher salt
1 pinch of sugar
1 cup tomato juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, thinly sliced to garnish
- Cut the red bell peppers into a medium dice and remove all the seeds. Place them into a large bowl.
- Cut the jalapeño into coarse pieces, remove all the seeds and place into the large bowl.
- Peel the cucumber, slice in half and remove the seeds. Cut into a medium dice and add to the bowl.
- Remove the core from the stem end of the tomato. Slice the tomatoes into medium pieces and place into the bowl.
- Peel and smash the garlic clove with the side of a knife and thinly slice. Place the garlic into the bowl.
- Season ingredients in the bowl with sweet pimentón, kosher salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Add in the tomato juice.
- Stir all of the ingredients together, cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- The following day, blend with an immersion blender and slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Taste and season as needed.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Garnish with fresh avocado and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to finish.
Looking for another riff on Gazpacho? Check out this Yellow Tomato Gazpacho recipe from Beatrix.