Add These Veggie Dishes to Your Summer Cook List
Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes with Fish Sauce and Sherry Vinegar Recipe
Serving size: 2
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes – we source our heirloom tomatoes from Klein’s Farm in Elgin, IL.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- Slice heirloom tomatoes into large wedges.
- Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped ginger
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 4 Tbsp softened butter
- Fire up your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thoroughly combine soy, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and lime in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Place corn on grill. When it starts to brown, gently turn and begin to brush on the prepared glaze.
- When each ear of corn is brown all over, and all the glaze has been applied, remove from the grill and brush with the softened butter.