CHICAGO, IL – April 29, 2016 –Three Dots and a Dash is pleased to announce that the team behind the award-winning Polynesian tiki bar is launching a new cocktail menu today, Friday, April 29. Lettuce Entertain You Enterprise’s Beverage Director, Julian Cox, says they’re reinventing classic tiki cocktails and large-format drinks using fresh, seasonal ingredients and modern techniques. The accompanying menu design—inspired by the fact that Three Dots and a Dash has become a destination for tiki-lovers—feels like a vintage guidebook that travelers collect as a souvenir from their explorations.
“The creativity that Julian and the Three Dots team have brought to this new menu is really impressive,” says R.J. Melman, managing partner. “He’s one of the most innovative bartenders in the country, and we are excited for our guests to come in and taste something new.”
Nearly two dozen new and updated cocktails are featured on the menu and are being served in custom mugs that pair with the drinks, created by local Chicago sculptors. The cocktails are broken down into five categories, including:
- New Classics: Generally served up, stirred, swizzled and in a Collins or coupe glasses, such as the Pago Pago (Puerto Rican rum, Genepi des Alpes, crème de cacao, lime and pineapple)
- Creamy ‘N Delicious: Made with unique spirits and spices, such as the Polynesian Pearl Diver (blended Scotch, lime, tangerine, cinnamon, allspice, butter syrup and Angostura bitters)
- High Octane: Potent and powerful, such as the Tally Me Banana (rum, rye, sherry and pineapple)
- Super Fresh: Utilizing seasonal ingredients, such as the Chief Lapu Lapu (for 2 people; Jamaican rum, Puerto Rican rum, lemon, passion fruit and tangerine)
- Group Excursions: Sharable in nature and fun in spirit, such as the Bali Bali (gin, Armagnac, Puerto Rican rum, Jamaican rum, lime, orange, pineapple and passion fruit served in a large sea urchin bowl flowing with dry ice)
“I’m excited for everyone to see the new menu format. It’s intended to offer more of a story-telling element to the drinks and to tiki itself,” says Cox. “The team put so much thought into every drink, from the Cassia cinnamon sourced from China, to the careful consideration of the history of tiki that’s been updated to reflect modern cocktail flavor profiles and trends. With all of this combined – from the experience of walking in the door, to the story-telling behind each drink, to the actual cocktails themselves – we’ve created what will feel like a fresh evolution of tiki.”
In addition to cocktails, the food menu of Polynesian bites from chef / partner Doug Psaltis has also been updated to include items like The Big Kahuna Burger with smoked ham and pineapple, Peking Duck Wraps, and a fresh and spicy green Papaya Salad
In 2014, Three Dots and a Dash was named “Best New American Cocktail Bar” by Tales of the Cocktail and one of the “World’s 50 Best Bars” by Drinks International magazine. Most recently in 2016, Open Table designated Three Dots and a Dash one of the “100 Best Restaurants in America” and was chosen by Food Network for “Best Tiki Bars in America.”
Three Dots and a Dash is located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood at 435 N. Clark and can be contacted at (312) 610-4220. For more information on Three Dots and a Dash, visit threedotschicago.com and follow on Twitter at @ThreeDotsCHI and Instagram at @threedotsandadash.