CHICAGO, IL – Oyster Fest Presented by Shaw’s Crab House returns to Chicago on Friday, September 30, 2016 from 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at the corner of Hubbard St. and Rush St. in River North. More than 3,000 guests are expected at this year’s Festival which combines live music from four local blues bands including headliner, Bumpus, and fresh seafood from Shaw’s Crab House.
The Food and Drinks
Oyster Fest will feature six varieties of oysters, both East Coast and West Coast, on the half shell from some of the best growers around the country as well as other Festival favorites like King Crab Bites, Lobster Rolls, Clam Chowder, Fish Tacos, and more!
This year, Oyster Fest is teaming up with Founder’s Brewing Co., a brewery based in Grand Rapids, MI. known for their hugely aromatic beers like their All Day IPA and KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout). Cocktails and wine will also be available on-site.
Tickets go on-sale today at oysterfestchicago.com and will be sold in the following two tiers:
1) General admission ($20)- festival admission
2) VIP admission ($50)- festival admission, table & waiter service, access to full liquor cash bar, clear sightline/up close to the stage, and access to luxury running water trailer bathrooms.
Steeped in Chicago blues tradition, Shaw’s Crab House has invited an exciting lineup of blues bands– regulars at The House of Blues, Kingston Mines, Buddy Guy’s and Shaw’s Oyster Bar– to provide continuous music throughout the evening. Emceed by 93XRT’s Lin Brehmer, the day’s bands include:
● The Friends Band, the friendliest band in town with a fun dance style- 3 to 4 p.m.
● Big Dog Mercer, the owner of one soulful voice and winner of the 2015 Kankakee Valley Music Awards Best Blues Band- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
● Breezy Rodio, an up-and-coming bluesman with impressive guitar skills and disciple of the famed Linsey Alexander – 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
● And headliner, Bumpus, a nine-piece funk band that’s gotten great reviews from the Chicago Reader, Tribune, and Sun-Times and has opened for bands like The Roots and The Wailers- 8:15 to 9:30 p.m.
● And don’t forget the night’s Oyster Slurp-Off Grand Finale where one competitor walks away the 2016 champ and the Oyster Hall of Fame Inductee celebration from 7:15 to 7:45 p.m.
Kids 12 and under are free and, as always, all food and beverage are additional and can be purchased by buying Oyster Bucks at the festival. Following the fest, Shaw’s Chicago will host an Oyster Fest after party with live music until 1 a.m.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, please visit www.oysterfestchicago.com and be sure to follow all the action with #OysterFestChi.
About Shaw’s Crab House
Shaw’s Crab House, a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant, features a 1940s-style take on the seafood dining experience, with retro leather banquettes, polished wood floors and Art Deco touches. The Oyster Bar provides a more casual setting for diners and serves up live music five nights a week paired with Chicago’s widest array of East and West Coast oysters. For more info, call 312.527.2722 (Chicago) or 847.517.2722 (Schaumburg) or visit the website at www.shawscrabhouse.com.